List Of Popular Entrance Exams For Admission Into MBA & Other Management Courses
August 29, 2017
Students who aim to make their career in the corporate sectors choose to study management after completing the Bachelor’s degree. Many top notch B-Schools in India offer MBA programs and other management courses; however, to get admission into these courses, students need to appear for various entrance exams that are organized either at national level or at state level.
Listed below are some of the popular entrance exams in India that are conducted either at national or state level:
- CAT: CAT or Common Admission Test is a national level exam that is conducted by IIMs. IIM, Lucknow will conduct CAT in 2018. Apart from IIMs, a large number of well-known institutes accept the CAT score for MBA program admission.
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a national level exam that is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) for admission in management programs. XAT 2018 registration will start from 21st August 2017. Candidates who are interested to appear for the exam can register through online mode.
- MAT: Compared to CAT and XAT, Management Aptitude Test is much easier to crack. This is a national level exam which is conducted by AIMA or All India Management Association. This test is conducted in both online and offline mode.
- CMAT: Also referred to as Common Management Admission Test, this is a national level entrance test which is conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This exam is conducted through computer based online mode and the application form for 2018 will be provided from November 2017.
- SNAP: Symbiosis National Aptitude Test is the university level exam that is conducted by Symbiosis University. This exam is taken through offline mode and candidates who crack this exam can join management programs in institutes under Symbiosis University.
- NMAT: Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test is conducted by the Graduate Management Aptitude Council for admission into MBA programs in institutes that accept NMAT score.
- IIFT: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is a national level entrance test that is conducted by IIFT for admission in MBA program at the Kolkata and New Delhi campus.
- Karnataka PGCET: This is a state level entrance exam which is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority for admission into full time/part time MBA degree course and other master degree programs.
- MHCET: This is a state level entrance exam which is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra for admission into MBA degree course and other master degree programs.
- TANCET: This is the state level entrance exam that is conducted by the Anna University on behalf of Tamil Nadu Government. This exam is conducted in offline mode to get admission in MBA and other master degree programs.
- AP ICET: This is a state level entrance exam conducted by the Andhra University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. Candidates who want to get admission into MBA and MCA programs offered by universities and colleges of Andhra Pradesh state need to appear for AP ICET.
- IBSAT: This is a university level entrance exam which is conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad for admission in various management programs offered by All India’s ICFAI Business School and ICFAI University.
- CUCET: Central University Common Entrance Test is a national level entrance test which is conducted by ten Indian Central Universities jointly. This entrance examination allows admission into undergraduate, post-graduation and Ph. D courses in various fields of engineering, management, arts, etc.
- BVP CET: Bharti Vidyapeeth conducts its own entrance exam for admission in MBA programs offered by BVP University and its affiliated institutions. The exam is conducted through offline mode.
These are some of the most popular entrance examinations in India for admission into MBA programs or other management courses.